Tuesday, December 2, 2008

tough time sleeping...

My wife and I are trying this new sleep thing with our little one. This new technique if you will is really tough on him and us. Its only a day or so old, so we will see how it ends up. We were used to the baby crying and we pick him up and tap him and hold him and do whatever we can to get him back to sleep. It wasn't easy, but there were things we could do and they worked. And to be honest I liked the idea of being able to help. I liked being able to hold him and feel like we were bonding. There was something in it for him and for me. Now, we let him cry in his crib. We are right there, talking with him and patting him to try and calm him down, but its rough. The cries of your son are so heartwrenching and you just want to fix it for him.

So we are going through this tough time now, but I am sure that my little guy will be able to pull through it without any major problems. So I am with him at around 1am and I am laughing uncontrollably at his attempts to get to sleep. He had just finished crying and now we has doing every random thing you could possibly do. He was dragging his hands across the bars of his crib, enjoying the sound. He would roll from side to side. He was banging his hands on the mattress and then on his legs. He even ended up talking to himself (it was just babbling, but I know he is talking. He understands himself). He would even look at me and smile as if for approval. I was laughing out loud at one in the morning!!!

I love that kid. I can't wait to get back home and see him.

No comments: