Friday, December 5, 2008

if I were Beyonce...

Here is one more sign that pop-music is just... I don't even know how to describe it. I cannot tell you how much I dislike this song. It sounds like I don't have much to say... but I do.

(For those of you who like this song, you are completely entitled to do so. My wife enjoys this song and i would never dare cross her. So you are in very good company. However, I think this is one of the worst songs ever!)

So allow me to launch into my tyrade!

I have never heard such a bunch of whiney tripe in my life. Basically Beyonce feels that if she was a boy she could sleep in, drink beer, chase after girls, and scratch herself however she wants. And then somehow if she was a boy she would be able to redeem the whole male race by listening.

Now, I now I may not be listening to this song properly, but excuse me if the rich, attractive girl is in such a tough spot that she wishes she were a boy. Good for her if she is standing up for all the women who have been wronged by men, but please... really...? A whiney song? Thats how you're going to fix it?

If Beyonce was a boy she would be called BOYonce. If she was a boy her singing career would have never taken off and she would be sans her hubby Jay-Z. If she were a boy she would be a lonely guy with a fat ass.

Sorry if this comes off as insensitive, but this song just bothers me...

If you dare watch the video, here is the link:

No comments: