Tuesday, December 9, 2008

auto-pilot...

I am on auto-pilot today. I am so tired. As I type this my eyelids are slowly closing like a lazy sunset on a Saturday afternoon. My eyes are starting to cross and the words are slowly becoming fuzzy and then black. I was up at 5:10am this morning and I don't know how I made it out of the house. I know that at some point I did make it out of the house because the below zero temperatures did wake me up temporarily as I trudged to the bus-stop.

But from there, I know that I slept until I got to the metro and in zombie-like fashion I got off the bus and make my way down to the metro platform and onto the awaiting subterranean train. From there I slept another 30 minutes to my stop. I got up and got off the metro and plodded my way to work, waking briefly due to the cold once again. Once upstairs I got my stuff settled and then I went to boil some water, where my coworkers found me in a semi-standing position awaiting my watched pot. It took a while, so I got the chance for a mini power nap.

So now I am sitting here... trying to be creative and awake. My mind and body are dreaming of duvets and plump pillows, the warmth of a recently vacated bed, and having someone who won't mind my morning breath and snoring to spoon with.

No comments: