Saturday, December 13, 2008

the big 3 - OH!

So I turned 30 the other day. I haven't really considered it. I am not avoiding my age. Yeah it sucks that I can't eat what I want and abuse my body with all-nighters and 3 rugby games in a day, but I am ok with that. I don't feel that old (as I say that, I have this nagging pain in my back that makes me get out of a chair slower than Homer Simpson) and I don't look old, so I am all good.

However, I am worried that I am not wiser than I should be. I have been through a lot and experienced many wonderful things. However there are many things that I have experienced that are not so wonderful. Now thats ok too. I mean we take the good with the bad and we learn from both, but I wonder...

Have I learned enough from the bad? Have I matured enough in my 30 years and 9 months on this planet to not make the same mistakes? I feel I have, but I know that I am not the most mature guy there is. I still retain that "boyish charm!"

You guys can watch that for me!

No comments: