Sunday, November 2, 2008

29 year streak over!

It was bound to happen... one of these days I was going to end up missing it and I am so sorry I did!

So I got up early this morning. My little one decided that we wanted to have a snack at 4am!!! UGHHH!!! But he was so happy and smiley that I actually enjoyed getting up for him! So I get him taken care of and I start getting myself ready to go to work. Toiling on the sabbath... yeah I know. I am a horrible person. So I make a little breakfast and I walk out of the house at around 540am to catch the bus at 556. Its freezing cold! Literally. The grass is all crunchy cause it frozen and not only can I see my breath but I swear my body is giving off steam! So I make it to the bus and I try to keep warm while I wait. My feet are going a little numb and I drift in and out of sleep. I would sit down, but seeing that the bench is metal I am afraid that my ass would freeze to it and then I would really be in trouble!!!

So I wait...

And wait some more...

I swear I have been standing here for 30 minutes. But that can't be... the bus hasn't shown up yet. I start to panic... What if the guy didn't show up to work today. What happens then?? I am really stuck! I start talking to myself. Out loud. Its early so that there is no one around to tell me I am crazy. I start kicking the bus shelter in frustration. Not too hard though, because its too cold for that! I can literally (and I mean literally, literally) hear electricity going through the wires about my head. I am not joking. It sounds very futuristic... like I should be waiting for a hovercraft rather than a bus.

Finally another brave soul wanders over to the bus shelter so I know I am not crazy and I am actually at a bus stop. I nod and smile because I am very happy to see I am not completely crazy and that if I freeze to death at least this guy can steal my wallet and continue to live as me if he so desired. The bus shows up a couple of minutes later and I am happily on my way to work... well not happily, but you know what I mean.

Approimately 40 minutes later I am at work and I am ready to sign in and get my day started. Now realize that I sleep on the bus and metro whenever I can. I am completely oblivious to the world around me, but for some reason my body knows when to wake up and exit my particular mode of transport (I was just going to say wake up and get off, but that sounds to sexual). I look at the clock and it says 6:15am. I am 45 minutes early.

Thats right people. Daylight savings time is over!!! OVER! The one day where we get a free hour of sleep. A free hour!!! And I missed it! I feel like Santa just skipped my house. I have never missed a time change in my entire life and today that streak is over.

Change your clocks people!!! If you live in the part of the world where you need to of course!

No comments: