Saturday, November 8, 2008

Inspiration... breathe it in!

The Smoke by lucaszoltowski

http://lucaszoltowski.deviantart.com/art/The-Smoke-100571961


I search for inspiration... i scour comics, pictures, speeches, sermons, music, and movies to find it. Its what makes us as humans want to be better, to be different. I like to think of it as reaching out beyond ourselves, the mundane if you will. Reaching out and touching something divine and supernatural. That doesn't mean that all that is inspired is pretty or beautiful. Its something that can push you to see things through a different perspective and alter your perceptions. The picture above is not beautiful by typical standards. It is not full or bright colors and curvy lines and is not full of hope and all that stuff. But it is creative and a lot of work and heart went into it. When I see something that simple make such a huge statement I smile and mentally kick myself for not doing more or not thinking of it myself.


Just for kicks here are a couple of definitions of inspiration that are inspiring themselves:


1. divine guidance or influence exerted directly on the mind and soul of humankind


2. stimulation of the mind or emotions to a high level of feeling or activity


3. an agency, such as a person or work of art, that moves the intellect or emotions or prompts action or invention


4. arousal of the mind to special unusual activity or creativity


Doesn't that make you want to get out there and paint or write a sonnet? It makes me wish that I was more in tune with everything out there. The worst thing about it is that material for inspiration is everywhere. All we have to do is breathe it in!!


"the act of drawing in, especially the inhalation of air into the lungs"


Its as simple as breathing. Just open up and let it in! I would continue but its early and I am worried I am not making much sense. Get out there and be inspired and inspire others! Take the "ugly" and watch how quickly it can grow into something beautiful.


Let me know how it goes!


...better times by Kat-Art http://kat-art.deviantart.com/art/better-times-102182319#

No comments: