Thursday, November 6, 2008

That movie was RELIGULOUS!!!!



So i went to see Religulous last night. Contrary to what the above poster makes you believe, it is not about monkeys... i was so disappointed. Just jokes... I knew there were no monkeys involved.

But the movie is definitely worth watching, regardless of your faith background. Be warned that Bill Maher seems to be very critical and hurt by religions. There seems to be a particularly toxic venom when he addresses people who are obviously caught off guard. I am not religious at all and I was laughing throughout this movie, however there were times that I felt really bad for the people he was talking to. He definitely has an agenda and will stop at nothing to get it through. But thats what you're paying for... you want him to poke fun and show the most outrageous religious nuts out there.

This movie will definitely challenge what you think and cause you to doubt any preconceived religious/systematic ideals you hold on to.

On a personal note... if you have been following this blog you know that I am a believer in Jesus. Contrary to what the movie would make you think, I have tons of doubts. I cannot guarantee anybody anything about the afterlife. Am I 100% of what is going to happen to me when this is said and done. Nope. Not close. If I could, you would see a very different person. However I am willing to risk a lot and lay down my life for it. A lot of what he said about religions and the people who follow them are unfortunately true. I would be glad to agree with him and do something about it.

Religious folk feel a great need to be right and the documentary brings up a good point that one can't answer some of these questions... but they try anyways. And the answers always seem so stupid and weak. Because thats what they are... they don't make sense because the natural can't fully explain the supernatural. So what happens? A formula for arguing is followed as if they are telemarketers. And when all else fails, attack the person with the questions: "What if you're wrong? What if there is a God and you won't get to be with Him?" Thats it... when all else fails... scare 'em.

Anyhow... i have doubts. I won't be spoonfed pat answers. I am glad that there are movies like this that make me squirm and push me to think a little harder and not take for granted my beliefs.

Bill Maher is still a little bit of a prick though.



In completely unrelated news, this movie below looks like a winner if you are into 3D animation stuff. I think there will be a really good message involved especially in light of the fears that we have and how we are almost programmed into them.

No comments: