Thursday, November 13, 2008

the heart of the matter...

What is this? Trouble in the Crayola factory? Not quite...

This is the first creation by my son... not even 6 months old! I got a new laptop and I thought that he and I should spend some creative time together and he just went to town. He has banging his hands on my laptop to the point where I thought my new toy was in danger of being abused! I had to help him out though. I held the button to allow him to paint and changed the colors once he started losing interest!

And then to top it all off, this afternoon my wife and I took him to the hospital for a little check up. He has a bigger heart than most babies his age as he is bigger than most babies his age! Ha! Its so simple it makes sense! So the doctors thought it best just to make sure all was good because they were hearing a murmur. So we went in for an ultrasound and I got to actually see his heart. I saw it beating and pumping blood. I could look into his body and see him from the inside out. He was blissfully unaware of everything that was going on. He was having fun looking around and being distracted.

I have to say it was amazing to get that perspective on him. To see his insides working while he is just lying there smiling was a once in a lifetime thing. I wish that I was a ultrasound technician so that I could understand it more. And then I started wishing that actually seeing his physical heart meant I could see his "actual" heart. The heart that will control his emotions and not his bloodflow. Who is he going to be? I want to know, there are pieces of me in there!

Then I thought back to his painting. He was just banging on the computer not realizing that his hand was controlling what was up on the screen, but just enjoying the whole ride. I am going to keep doing the same!

No comments: