Friday, November 7, 2008

there goes my hero...


I have always wanted to be a superhero. But I am not greedy. I wouldn't expect a superhero of Superman proportions. Something more along the lines of a Spiderman...

I love the superhero that is a regular guy and has the extra burden of dealing with his power and responsibility of his position. Superman really can't be killed. He can fly into space, he could eat bullets for breakfast, and if he flies fast enough counter clockwise to the earth's rotation, turn back time. Oh yeah, this is a fact! Spiderman can be shot, struggles to keep a job and pay the rent, and has to deal with bad guys as well as relationships with those who are close to him.

I think this is a lot closer to what we live in our regular day. I like to think that we all have this special gift or power and we have to figure out how to work with it on a daily basis. What can be do with our talents to better the world and lives of others.

Then there is also the anti-hero. He is the reluctant hero. He doesn't want to do anything with his gifts for anyone else. They are a burden and the individual feels no responsibility to use them other than for his own purposes. I find these characters intriguing as they usually have a dark past that they are trying to deal with and overcome. There is a desire to do good, but they shy away from the spotlight and they try hard to figure it all out.

I love comic books and stories. I like seeing my life,struggles, hopes, and fears through the eyes of fictional characters.

I hope my little, flying ninja will be be able to be a superhero...

No comments: