Monday, October 13, 2008

typical T-Giving post...

Well it's thanksgiving (Canadian style) and I am at work... working. Well blogging too. Its really dead today. Why do I have to be at work on an official day off? Especially since it was an early start and I was up late preparing supper for tonight. I wanted to do as much as I could last night because I wasn't going to have the time. And it has to be good. The inlaws and my family are coming over! So basically I am a little grumbly this morning. But here comes the thanksgiving day twist!

I have to be thankful for my job. This job that I severely dislike and sucks the life away from me like a chupacabra (latino demon/bogeyman... the word literally means goat sucker). This job pays the bills, is ultimately flexible, and is giving me time-and-a-half for my thanksgiving shift. What about all the other people who don't have a job and who would kill to work a day in my conditions, not even mentionning holiday pay!

I am thankful that I had to get up early. Even though I could sleep till the cows come home and getting up early aches in ways I am sure you can undertand, I am thankful. I got hold my son as he woke up and I got to see him smile as I got ready and left for work.

I have to be thankful that I have a home and food. I have a place to live and food to eat. I am in a position to welcome family over and share all the extra that I have.

There are tons of good things that I can be thankful about. So many that i would not be able to count them out. So maybe the issue is not what are all the good things I have to be thankful about, but the bad things. What are the things that I consider to be "less-than-positive" which most of the people on this planet would gladly accept as the difficulties of their existence.

Eat some turkey, gobble gobble. Be as happy as that puppy up there who just loves running! That reminds me, I have to go jogging... ugh! I am not going to be thankful about that!

No comments: