Friday, June 13, 2008

...and a big-titted blonde

My dad told me a joke the other night that I found funny. That sentence alone is worth blogging about because his jokes are severely lacking in the HA HA category. He gets dozens of them sent to him by various friends through the wonder of the internet. Without these jokes the only emails he would be getting would be how to grow his penis a few more inches and how a prominent diplomat in Nigeria wants to share his money with you as long as you send him money first! The interesting thing is that my dad's memory is going. Its definitely not a funny situation, but the fact that he remembers a siginificant number of jokes to relay to myself and the rest of the family is astounding. He should work in a comedy club... but anways, here is the joke:

George Bush and Dick Cheney are sitting in a bar in Texas having a couple of drinks and talking. Another customer happens to notice and walks over and asks, "Excuse me sirs, but are yo... are you... ?" George Bush nods at the man and informs him that they are the Heads of State. The man, still flustered, says,"its such an honor to be drinking with you in the same bar! If you don't mind and its not too personal, what are you guys talking about?" The president replies, "We are just planning world war III." The man is obviously shocked and asks, "World War III? Wow! Whats going to happen?" George Bush looks at the man and says, "Its going to be a glorious fight. 14 million Muslims and one blonde with big tits will die as the United States of America wins the war in the name of oil... i mean democracy." The man is amazed at the nation's most important secrets but then with a puzzled look asks the president, "I don't get it... what's with the blonde with the big tits?" And with that President Bush exclaims, "I told ya Dick! No one is going to care about 14 million muslims!"

(Just as a disclaimer... I am sure this conversation never actually happened and I am sure that the president would not be sitting in some hole and discussing matters of national security so flippantly. Also I have no issue whatsoever with Muslims and I am not a supporter to the conflict/war. So... this is just to say that I am not insensitive. There is a point to my madness! Oh yeah, and I have nothing against blondes with big tits either! Ha!)

So that joke really isn't that funny, but it did make me think. How often have I missed the point because of the bright and shinny objects with the pretty colors. How often have I gone done the wrong path because it felt like the right way to go even though I was going off in the completely wrong direction. I realize that it is fairly easy to play with someone's minds and perceptions. You can be a spin doctor on anything and make it sound plausible, credible, and even amazing!!!

Moral of the story... be wary of big-titted blondes, love Muslims, and be cautious with diplomatic who share top secrets with you. Thats the way I live my life!

No comments: