Thursday, March 13, 2008

Here comes the son!


Ok, so I am not going to gush too much right now. But I have to say the other night my wife and I were lying in bed... don't get any naughty ideas now! And even if you did, we're allowed ok... for all you conservative folk who think that married people sleep in different beds a la Flinstones. If your parents do sleep in different beds for other reasons... I apologize for being insensitive to our society's present family situations. I do mean that.
But we were up and watching my wife's belly...she has put on some pounds... because she is pregnant!!! And even if she did get fat I would stil love her. Although I told her my cut off would be 300pounds... Ha! But we were watching my future boy kick and move in her stomach. What is going on in there I will never know. The kicks were so intense and he almost responded when I would gently tap back. I am in complete amazement at where life comes from and how it can come from such a "weird" source. Who would have thought of carrying a child in a woman's stomach for nine months only to have him pop out all slimey and crying? However, this is where life comes from and it is amazing. My son is coming soon and he is quite the active little monkey!!!!!
It also got me thinking about where else life comes from and how weird and amazing it may be. Think about how a simple breath can bring life to someone who is missing it. Imagine how a word of encouragement and compassion can give life to someone who is contemplating theirs. Just watching my future progeny (am i using that word properly?) kick and squirm made me hope that I will be able to teach him as much as he is already teaching me.


No comments: